Frequently Asked Questions
1. What metals are used in the jewelry items sold by Vivir World ?
All items listed under STERLING ETHNOLOGIE collections are made with sterling silver with most items plated with 18K gold or rhodium. Items listed under DIAMOND CLUB BY VIVIR WORLD use a variety of metals that include gold of varying purity (for example: 10K, 14K, 18K, 22K, etc.), sterling silver, or platinum.
2. What is sterling silver? What kind of gold-plating do you use with STERLING ETHNOLOGIE jewelry?
Pure silver is too soft for jewelry, so it is alloyed with another metal. Sterling silver is comprised of 92.5 percent pure silver and 7.5 percent metal alloy. As with silver, pure gold is too soft for jewelry and is alloyed with a base metal for strength. For all our jewelry items listed under STERLING ETHNOLOGIE, we use 18 karat gold, which is 75 percent pure gold. When the gold is plated onto sterling silver, the jewelry is called vermeil. Vermeil jewelry is the cream of the crop in gold-plated jewelry. 18K gold-over-silver jewelry is a high-quality investment for your wardrobe.
3. Is Vivir World jewelry Nickel-free?
Nickel is frequently used in silver jewelry and nickel allergy is very common . All jewelry items listed under STERLING ETHNOLOGIE are nickel-free and hypo-allergenic.
4. Does my jewelry purchase come with a box?
Yes, each jewelry item comes with its own box (as shown in the picture above) gift-ready.
5. How should I care for my gold-plated jewelry?
Many of our jewelry items under STERLING ETHNOLOGIE are gold-plated (see #2 for more details). If you have purchased a gold-plated jewelry item, we recommend the following to decrease the chances of wearing out and to keep the luster of your gold-plated jewelry:
- Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold plated jewelry. Wear your jewelry after you have sprayed on your favorite perfume so that chemicals on the spray or perfume does not interact with your jewelry’s metal.
- Wait until your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your gold plated ring, bracelet or necklace.
- Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, perfume and the like may react with gold plated jewelry and will cause it to tarnish easily. This also goes with sweat, so make sure you don’t forget to remove your gold plated jewelry when you exercise or anything that would require heavy physical work, and also when swimming.
- After use, clean your plated jewelry with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt it has acquired. Gently rubbing the surface of your gold plated jewelry using a soft jewelry cloth also helps restore shine.
- If your jewelry needs more cleaning you may clean it with warm soapy water. Soak it for a few minutes and you may clean it with a soft brush. Stay away from jewelry cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have certain components that will just make your gold plated jewelry tarnish more quickly.
- To avoid scratches, wrap your jewelry in a soft cloth after cleaning or keep it in the Vivir World jewelry box separate from other types of jewelry you have.
6. Questions related to shipping and returns.
All in-stock items are shipped within 2 business days for STERLING ETHNOLGIE and 3-5 business days for DIAMOND CLUB BY VIVIR WORLD. Items that require customization may take longer.
For Shipping and Returns policy on STERLING ETHNOLOGIE jewelry items, please click here.
For Shipping and Returns policy on DIAMOND CLUB BY VIVIR WORLD, please click here.
For more directed FAQs on DIAMOND CLUB BY VIVIR WORLD, please click here.
7. Do you ship to countries other than the US?
Yes, we ship internationally to all major destinations around the world.
8. What are the company's corporate responsibility policies?
We are committed to adhere to the utmost standards of the industry and business practices. Please visit the following links for more details:
9. How do I contact Customer Service?
Phone Number: 567 239 4282
Fax Number: 419 873 5994
Address: 1440 S. Byrne Rd. Toledo, Ohio- 43614, USA
E mail: info@VivirWorld.com
10. How do I become a “Vivir World Guide”?
Our sales reps are called Vivir World Guides because they help others in their journeys with Vivir World. To become a Vivir World Guide, please click here.